Saturday, July 23, 2016

Celebrating Failure


This past semester I did not have a specific failure that I clearly remember. I do believe I did fail at giving my all in this class. I convinced myself that I was working to hard and that was an excuse enough to not do a specific assignment during the semester. I did not complete any of the elevator pitches and now that I look back I realize that it was an important aspect to the class. Not only did I lose the points, I lost development that the elevator pitches would have given me. They would have not only helped me developed my idea further, but I know for certain I would have gotten more comfortable with preparing speeches and practicing them. After looking through other classmate's third elevator pitches, I realized that I really missed an important part of the class. 
I did learn many things through this failure. I realize that I sometimes try to come up with any excuse not to do something that makes me feel uncomfortable to accomplish. I also learned that when I just do something and get it over with, I am proud of myself and realize that it was not that difficult to accomplish. I think I realized that it is important to stop making excuses to not do things that make me feel uncomfortable and try to make an effort to complete the tasks in front of me. 
I think failure is very important in life. It helps you become a better and stronger human being. It helps you deal with other hard situations in life. It many cases failure is hard for me because I do not like how it makes me feel. However, I know it is important. When I fail I try to think about what can I learn from the situation, what can I do differently next and what actions did I take that led me to failure. I also reflect on any uncontrollable outside sources that contributed and piece together what I can control and what can't be controlled in the future when I am trying to accomplish a task or goal.  I think this class has really helped me realize how important it is to do things in a timely manner and allow myself to not get overwhelmed. I'm overall likely to not take these types of risks than I did four months ago. I think I always need to assess the situation and realize what is important and what can not be taken lightly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment