1) Tenaciousness is a competency.
The behaviors that I have used to keep up with the requirements of this course are definitely time management. I realized early on in this course that I really had to pay attention to due dates and organize myself when it came to doing the assignments. I definitely developed new behaviors recently because of this course. At the beginning I did not like having interviews with people or commenting on other student's post. However, I've noticed that I have gotten more comfortable doing these things.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude.
Recently I have been overwhelmed with work. I am doing an internship, and work two other part-time jobs, on top of taking this course. A few weeks ago I thought about giving up on doing multiple assignments and taking a day of all my jobs. I think my mom and boss from my internship really helped me pull through. I spoke to both individually about the problem I was facing. They both agreed that they thought it was a good idea to take a day off of work and focus on myself and completing homework assignments as school was my number one priority. That is exactly what I did. I think I've always been a person who is very determined in life. I have noticed that this class has helped me take a step back and realize what is the most important thing allowing me not to get overwhelmed. It took me a few weeks to get on track, but I believe this class has really helped me realize how important planning and schedules are for my day to day life.
3) Three tips:
- (1) Set Goals. I think setting goals for this class is very crucial for a successful completion. You should feel determined to try and get every assignment done as they are not that difficult but time consuming.
- (2) Manage Your Time Wisely. Know when it is the right time to focus on school to get all the work done. Do not leave the work until the last minute. If you do, you will most likely not finish it and feel bummed about yourself.
- (3) It's Okay to Leave Your Comfort Zone. Know that at the beginning of this class you will feel uncomfortable with what these assignments ask you to do. Take your time to develop your responses that way you feel satisfied with work you put out which allows you to feel more comfortable next time these tasks are handed to you.
Hi Ashley,
ReplyDeleteI absolutely concur that time management is an important attribute for this course. I find that it is essential for me to check the course website and campus email daily to complete all the various projects without missing anything. Setting a goal to preview assignments ahead of time and complete them before the due dates will help everyone tremendously.
Ashley, I really enjoyed reading your reflection and comparing it to my own experience in ENT3003 so far. Time management was one of the biggest things that stood out in my reflection as well, because there are so many assignments each week and they all typically take more time than I originally anticipated. You get out of this class what you put in, and if you want to accomplish something it certainly takes preparation, persistence and good time management skills. Additionally, I think you listed some really great tips that will be helpful for future students in this course. I definitely agree with the "it's okay to leave your comfort zone" tip. Coming into this class, when I saw we had so many interviews and elevator pitches to do, I was really nervous. I was dreading getting to that point in the class, and after doing some I've realized that it isn't all that bad and it's helping be build a larger skill set for my future. Good job!
ReplyDeleteHi Ashley, I really enjoyed your post and I love your picture! You and I have some of the same tips. I think it's important for you to set up a goal for the course because it sets up a plan for success. I also like the tip to get out of your comfort zone, it takes an extra push for me to get out of my box.
ReplyDelete