Friday, August 5, 2016

Venture Concept No. 2


1. Like I said in my first concept, my venture appeals to families and individuals who live a hectic lifestyle but want to provide their families and nourish their bodies with healthy and fresh food. My customers do not always have time to make home made meals that are healthy and provide all the nutrients a body needs. Today, many families do not have the luxury of having a parent stay at home to take care of the children, clean, and cook. It has become very difficult to live a comfortable lifestyle where money is not a huge issue. Many families and individuals are affected by money issues everyday. As I mentioned before, I think my venture would appeal to metropolitan areas where people live high pace lifestyles. I still think customers are satisfying this need by meal prepping. I also know some people who pay companies to prep their food for the week and have it delivered to their homes. I do know that these prepped delivery places are pretty pricey and do not appeal to families, mostly individuals. I think people are somewhat loyal to what they use now. I believe those who meal prep probably are the most loyal. I think this is a huge opportunity. Everyone is looking for ways on how to do things faster and have more time in their day to spend with their family and friends and i do not think there is stopping people from having hectic lifestyles. The "window of opportunity" will always be open. 

My concept involves offering fresh, fast, healthy meals to customers. We will use our local community to our advantage. To make sure it is fresh we will purchase our food from local vendors. We would make the food in increments throughout the day in order for it to stay fresh. As I mentioned before, the food would be served in an assembly line fashion for lunch and dinner. My plates will still range from $5-$15 and beverages $1-$4. 

As I said in my previous venture concept, my restaurant will address the problem in multiple ways. I will provide my customers with guaranteed fresh and local food. It won't be difficult for my customers to eat at my restaurant because there aren't many similar options available in the market. I still think my biggest competitor will be places like Wholefoods who prove healthy fast options. The only down side to their food is that you do not know how fresh it is. My food will be freshly delivered straight from the local vendor every morning. Regarding the other questions, I would keep everything the same. I think my pricing would have to be in a good range where customers do not feel like they are over paying for their food. Customer experience and location go hand-in-hand for my restaurant. It will have to be in an easily accessible location and the decor inside will have to feel homey and encourage happiness and relaxation. I think my restaurant would need about 7-8 employees and 25% of my employees will be hired from local schools who are interested in the culinary arts. 

My "secret sauce" will definitely be using local resources/vendors. This is difficult to copy because many restaurants owners do not want to waste time and money to find good local vendors and not be able to provide the same food everyday. I do not think it is important to have a consistent menu. People understand that not all vegetables and fruits are in season all the time. I think it teach customers the importance of using what the earth has provided and not using chemicals in their foods in order to produce it in climates that the food does not naturally grow in. 


I still think my next venture will still be creating a delivery app to bring more convenience to customers.


In the next five years I still hope to have multiple location. I understand this will be difficult because it is not easy to find local vendors who can supply enough food. I think I would also want to create a catering aspect to the business. In the next decade I would hope to own other types of business that would develop from what I learn running Homestyle.


2. The feedback I received was all pretty positive. Even though it was positive they did mention how there are not many affordable healthy places to go to. These comments did get my thinking about the affordability aspect of my venture. 


3. After reading the comments on my previous venture concept, I started thinking on how I can keep prices low. I know a lot of places have tried to do my idea but have failed at providing food at good prices. I think I can achieve my concept by using local vendors, having our own driver picking up resources/food and bringing them to the restaurant, and creating a green space/environment to use less electricity and reduce waste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment