Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Reading Reflection No. 3

The Wright Brothers, David McCullough 

1) You read about an entrepreneur:
  • What surprised me the most was how so many people did not believe in them. They tried very hard to convince people that flying was possible and did not stop at anything to keep convincing them. 
  • The thing I most admired from the Wright Brothers was their attitude. No matter what they encountered - money problems, many people doubting them or making fun of them, and even crashes - they kept on fighting. They proved that anything is possible if you set your mind to it and believe in yourself. I also admired how humble they were.
  • There wasn't much that I did not admire from the Wright Brothers. I think they were very admirable people. 
  • Yes, the Wright Brothers encountered a lot of adversity and failure. Even though they did, they kept on going. If something did not work they went back to the drawing bored. They never gave up on themselves and always thought outside the box. 
2) What competencies did you notice that the entrepreneur exhibited?
  • The competencies that I noticed from the Wright Brothers were: 
    • Committed
    • Motivated 
    • Knowledgeable 
    • Humble 
    • Trustworthy 
3) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.

  • There wasn't really anything confusing to me in this reading. 
4) If you were able to ask two questions to the entrepreneur, what would you ask? Why?
  • Two questions I would ask the Wright Brothers: 
    • What kept you going? You encountered so many hardships and many people could have possibly not succeeded in doing what you two did. So what gave you the motivation?
    • If you could have done something differently, what would it be? 
  • I would ask them these two questions because I think it is important to understand what motivates people that way you know how to motivate others and yourself. I also think it is important to learn from not only your mistakes but other people who are more knowledgeable than me. 
5) For fun: what do you think the entrepreneur's opinion was of hard work? Do you share that opinion?
  • I think the Wright Brothers opinion of hard work would be that it always pays off. To always work hard because you know you are giving it your all no matter if you fail or succeed. I definitely share this same opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment