Friday, May 27, 2016

Testing the Hypothesis

Part 1 -


  1. Cheaper Healthy Food Options at Fast Food Restaurants 
  2. Americans find it more difficult to choose healthy food options at fast food restaurants because they are usually the most expensive option on the menu.
  3. Testing the Who, What and Why: 
    • Do you think all fast food restaurants have this problem? 
    • Do you think spending money on food is an issue for some people? 
    • Do you think it is just fast food restaurants or all types of restaurants (i.e sit down)? 
    • Would you spend more money on the healthier option? 
    • If money was not a problem for someone, why do you think they would choose the less healthy option?
    • If money was not a problem for you, why would you choose the less healthy option?
  4. Interviews: https://youtu.be/MGxdk2beoh4




3 comments:

  1. Ashley,

    Your idea is really needed throughout the fast food industry. I think the questions you chose to interview with were great, especially 4. I honestly like eating healthy when I can. But when I go out, I would rather not spend the money to get the healthier options! So I fall into question 5. Why is it that most of us do not want to get the healthy option? Maybe because of the small fortune but also the quality of the fast food places "healthy" options are not up to par. Really thought provoking idea, Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley,

    You have identified a really great opportunity. The price of healthy food compared to junk food can be ridiculous and is no doubt on of the reasons obesity and diabetes is such a problem in America. You gathered some great information in your interviews but I suggest that you go back and watch Professor Pryor’s lecture from last week on how to conduct interviews. He has some really great information on how to lengthen your interviews and make it more like a conversation rather than just a series of questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley,
    As stated before, I also think that you have identified a great opportunity. I include myself, every single time I go out I face the dilemma of eating healthy because I like staying fit. On the other hand, its so much cheaper to grab a whopper or a double quarter pounder and paying less, than eating healthy. I believe its a matter of perspective, furthermore, if healthy food was cheaper probably more people would opt for it.

    ReplyDelete