Saturday, May 14, 2016

Bug List

20 Things That Bug Me:

  1. When my boyfriend serves himself water, takes a sip, and puts the cup in the sink right away. 
    • This bugs me because I know he will want more water in a little while and he will dirty another cup for no reason. 
  2. When people are driving and throw trash out the window. 
    • This bugs me because how big an impact littering makes on the world and the animals that are put danger. 
  3. When my dad uses the same dirty sponge to clean the dishes when we have a dishwasher. 
    • This bugs me because a sponge is the object with the most bacteria in a house and the dishes never seem clean when washed with a sponge. 
  4. When you text a friend and she has the read receipt on and you know when she has ignored your text. 
    • This bugs me because she always tells me that she never received my texts or she forgot to answer. 
  5. When someone has dirty finger nails and is eating/making food. 
    • This bugs me because there are so many germs in the world and the person is putting them inside their body. 
  6. When someone is cooking chicken and contaminates the whole kitchen in process. 
    • This bugs me because not only do I have to clean the kitchen with disinfectant but salmonella is real.
  7. When I am in the passenger seat and the driver does not stop texting or being on their phone. 
    • This bugs me because I do not feel safe in the car. 
  8. When I am on the expressway and someone drives slower than speed and are in the passing lane. 
    • This bugs me because I feel like people who do that cause accidents and even more traffic. 
  9. When I want to do something, but I can't decide what to do. 
    • This bugs me because I am so bored but I can't make a decision to save my life.
  10. When I am with a friend who is just as indecisive as me and we can't decide where to go. 
    • This bugs me because I feel like we are going in a circle. 
  11. When I am driving to work and there is more traffic than I expected. 
    • This bugs me because it gives me anxiety. 
  12. When I am in a rush to get to work or school and the line at Starbucks is the longest I've ever seen it. 
    • This also gives me anxiety. 
  13. When the wifi is slow and I am trying to watch a show on netflixs so it keeps buffering. 
    • This bugs me because I feel like I am waiting for an infinite amount of time. 
  14. When my boyfriend doesn't charge his phone over the night and it dies early in the day.
    • This bugs me because most of those days I need a response from him for something. 
  15. When I am comfy on the couch watching my tv shows and my phone is about to die but the charger is in my room. 
    • This bugs me because I like to look through social media when the commercials come on.
  16. When my dad over cooks good cuts of steak. 
    • This bugs me because I feel like the full flavor of the steak is gone. 
  17. When I am driving and someone cuts me off without putting their turning signal on. 
    • This bugs me because most of the time I have to slam on my breaks and I get nervous. 
  18. When I go to restaurant and the seat I am sitting down on has pieces of food from the previous person. 
    • This bugs me because I don't want to sit on food and get myself dirty. 
  19. When someone sits/lays on my bed with their street clothes. 
    • This bugs me because they have germs all over their clothes. 
  20. When someone is rude to their waitress/waiter and don't treat them with respect.
    • This bugs me because the waitress/waiter is trying to just make a living and they should be treated like any human. 

I found it difficult when I first started. I knew I had things that bugged me but I could not remember them. Once I started writing things down, all the things that bugged started coming to mind. It was a bit difficult overall and I did notice that some of the things that bugged me are so petty. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley

    It was interesting to see read your list. From your expectation of text message being responded to immediately in your bug #4, I can speculate that you belong to the C. Gen. C stands for communication. Or as I call it, no offense, a non-stop chatter.

    The idea behind a text message is like leaving a paper note. You know people read it, but not necessarily they’ll run to write one note back right away. This is what I find so different in the generation that was practically born with telephones in their hands, less patience, which is also supported by your #8, and a couple of other items in your list, and less allowance to digest the message and think about the response. If you actually want an immediate back and forth discussion then why not call your friend? Is it the comfort of the delete button when you want to change your mind in the conversation?

    Have you thought about why these issues exist rather than just why they bug you? Like, why your father does overcooks the steak? Maybe because he likes it that way, or maybe he gets bored cooking and would like some company or guidance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley,
    When it comes to my steak, I'm exactly the same. I like my steak medium-rare and if it's cooked past that, I won't enjoy it. If someone is texting and driving, I can't keep my mouth shut. Maybe they forget that my life is in their hands? I don't know. All of my friends are indecisive, so I understand the struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ashley,

    I can so relate to 9 and 10. I struggle choosing where to go all the time! Great job with this post!

    - Ryan

    ReplyDelete